Re: Trans Mount sliding around Caprice

Thanks for the replies. I took it back to the shop that put in the new trans mount a year ago. They said "wow, the 2 bolts are just hanging there!", referring to the 2 bolts that are supposed to go up through the mount, into the trans. I thought , but did not say "Yeah, because you guys forgot, or where too lazy to tighten them up, when you put the new mount in ! ". Anyway, the mechanic spent a half hour tightening up the 2 bolts ( they were way, way out. Hard to think they just backed off that much by themselves ! ). I didn't yell at anyone, and I didn't pay them anything, either, for that half hour, and they didn't mention anything about paying.

It's hard to find an honest, competent, and reasonably priced shop !!

These guys are dirt cheap, but I am starting to wonder about the quality of their work. I think they might have been the ones to bust my trans mount in the first place when they replaced the front u-joint 2 years ago.

bitch, bitch, bitch... So thanks for the info. I used it to solve the problem.

Reply to
Lecher9000

"Lecher9000" wrote

I think that you will find, that in this trade, this is a pretty accurate statement.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai