Series II 3800

I'm changing the oil on my momma's impala, and there are dried leaves under the plastic engine cover. They're new, because they were there when she bought it and I hosed them all out. How the hell do they get under there,
and does anyone else have this problem?
-Sam
Driving down roads with leaves scattered across the road.
As a teenager I once hit a four foot high pile of wet & dry leaves that somebody in town raked into a pile on the street. I pushed the pile half way down the street with the pile jammed under the front crossmember of the frame. Had to back the car up to get unstuck
Leaves were everywhere - even in the air cleaner assebly.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

You figured it'd be fun to run over the pile of leaves, didn't you?
-Sam (tried that with a hard pack snowbank on purpose once)

A person did that here a few years back, unfortunately for him there was a kid playing in the leaf pile.
He went up on Vehicular Manslaughter charges, but I believe they plea bargained it down some...

As did a buddy of mine when he was getting his 78 Toranado ready for the boneyard tow truck to pickup.
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
No I didn't figure it would be fun to run over a leave pile. We figured the height the pile was most of it would sail up over the hood and over the roof. Now that would of been funny.
Couldn't believe the drag it put on the car trying to push that pile of leaves stuck under the car front end ( 70 Cadillac ).
We had watched the pile prior to hitting it making sure no kid was in it.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
| No I didn't figure it would be fun to run over a leave pile. We figured | the height the pile was most of it would sail up over the hood and | over the roof. Now that would of been funny. | | Couldn't believe the drag it put on the car trying to push that pile of | leaves stuck under the car front end ( 70 Cadillac ). | | We had watched the pile prior to hitting it making sure no kid was in | it. | | ========| Harryface | ========| | 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE | 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey | _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_ | | |
You're such a wild man HarryFace! ;-) One serious note...good thing the exhaust pipes didn't ignite some of the leaves and kindle a fire under there.
Harry Face wrote:

Reminds me of when we used to run over discarded Christmas trees. I dragged one for several miles under my 64 GTO convertible once.