Serpentine belt noise

Vehicle is 1994 Chev silverado 350 5.7l engine w a/c
I have recently (2 weeks) changed my belt and no noise for those 2 weeks then squeaking. Changed tensioner still noise.
Only get the noise when stepping on the gas after tensioner change. Any onther suggestions? Thanks
You have got the belt going the wrong way arond the tensioner
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've talked to have had to quit accelerating so quickly. One thing is for sure: you don't want to use an el cheapo brand serp. belt. Get a known good quality belt and it sometimes will make it stop the acceleration-squeal. DO NOT spray anything on it. Ensure pulley-grooves are clean. Ensure idler pulleys(often made of pastic) are not worn excessively; they tend to wear the outer edge faster and slower wear as you progress toward the inner side(not square-across the surface, but at an incline). We've changed several of these, esp. on supercharged Buick Ultra's, to both keep the belt from 'riding' off the idler pulley AND to reduce accel.-squealing. No adjustments other than replacing tensioner, as you've already done. HTH, s
sdlomi2 wrote:

With the belt off, check for play in everything it drives. Recently I saw a Ford truck with a similar problem which turned out to be caused by the water pump bearings being shot.
Also, try the Goodyear Gatorback belt. They run very quietly in my experience.
John
I've had 2 new belts make noise like bad bearing. The most resent was 90 Cavalier, making noise so I replace it with a good quality belt and had the same noise. Applied a very small amount of silicone sprary and the noise went away. As soon as the silicone dissipated the noise came back. Anyway, I guess the theory of good quality is not all that true. I wonder how many idlers have been replaced because of a bad new belt.
Warren