Shift Interlock adjustment on Jimmy

(Related to another problem posted)
I want to adjust the shift interlock on a 98 Jimmy because the shifter won't move out of park with the key in the run position. As well, after a long
drive, the key won't move to UNLOCK position when the shifter is in park.
Where is the adjustment? If it is in the console, how do I remove the shifter?
Thanks, Mike