Side markers - no flash !

Just discovered the L & R sidemarker bulbs on mother's 91 Caddy Brougham don't flash with the turnsignal is turned on. Don't matter if the headlights are on or off, same thing. When the parking lights or headlights are on the cornering lights come on during signal operation. Does having cornering lights disable the side marker from flashing? Side marker bulbs light up when the parking lights or headlights are turned on.

Was getting dark out when I discovered this, so I didn't do any investigating.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Could it simply be that the 2nd filament (the brighter one that's flashed for the turn signal) is burned out in both side bulbs?

I've had that happen when I've forgotten to check all the bulbs for a long while.

That's my guess from your description.

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

| >Was getting dark out when I discovered this, so I didn't do any | >investigating. | >

| | Could it simply be that the 2nd filament (the brighter one that's | flashed for the turn signal) is burned out in both side bulbs? | | I've had that happen when I've forgotten to check all the bulbs for a | long while. | | That's my guess from your description. | | Rick | |

I don't believe that side marker lamps have dual filaments.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I checked the turnsignal's on my uncles Caddy and his sidemarkers don' t flash with the turnsignals either. Bulbs looked fine and are single filament Looked like #191 bulbs.

I think it has to do with it being equipped with cornering lights.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

OK, sorry. I must have misunderstood the question.

Best of luck!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559