smell of fuel

I hope somone on here has some suggestions. 1996 corisca, 2.2l, 151k. I have a smell of gas when operating around 30mph. When idling there is no smell of
gas. This is my sister in law's car so I don't know much of the history of it. Thanks in advance : )
--
Mark

Well, With no trace of the smell at idle I would have to guess maybe a leak on top of the tank or filler hose. The "draft" or negative pressure behind and under the car is sucking the fumes into the passenger compartment maybe? Long shot but I've seen them leak from the rubber boot that connects the filler pipe to the tank and also leak from the ring that mounts the sending unit/pump assembly into the top of the tank.

Thanks for the info : )
--
Mark
"noname" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net> wrote in message
Check the fuel lines under the hood. If they are leaking, the fumes may be coming from the engine compartment through the fresh air vents in the car..

fuel injector.