Speedometer on 2006 Impala

I just bought a used 2006 Impala from the cab company I drive for. The speedometer shows 140 MPH. Is this standard on Impalas or is this some sort of sports or police package? We've bought some very fast cars
before from auction that were former police cars, but I don't know the origin of this one.
Ken Brown wrote:

If it was originally ordered as a cab or police vehicle it will have almost the same severe duty option package. Usually that's a high output alt., larger cooling capacity, oil, trans, and power steering coolers. Heavier suspension items and larger brakes and tires.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Thanks, I will check those against standard equipment.

When I bought my Hyundai Sonata V-6, I sort of chuckled when I saw the 140 speedo. Then I found out the top speed is actually 137 and that has been verified. I've only had it to 110 so far.

I am surprised at a Hyundai. I wouldn't be surprised if the Impala will do140. At 65, it is turning about 1600 rpm's; red line is 6,000.