starter trouble

I have a 93 chevy cavalier. I?m having trouble getting the car to start. It started out occasionally when trying to start the car, I would just hear a whinning noise from the starter. They I would try again and the car would start right up. It got worse as time went on until all it did was make a whining noise. I took out the starter and put in one I got from a junk yard and now it?s totally dead. I get nothing at all when trying to start the car. So I tried 2 different starters plus the old one and none of them do anything. The old one doesnt even whine anymore. It seams that it?s getting power though from what I can tell. I checked all the fuses and they all look ok. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Reply to
axehind

flywheel, maybe?

Reply to
bass-player

Had a neon like that, after trying a new started. I kicked myself for not look at other easier culprits. The connection at the battery, was corroded. Mine had a strap instead of a screw or lead lug, that had corroded from the inside. It was thin as a couple sheets of paper. So check both terminals and clean thoroughly. Hope this helps.

Dave

Reply to
David DeWitt

Are you using the same old solenoid? Check & clean the engine ground wires.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul