Styling Versus All Else

Another TV situation, but seems that American car makers are still bragging about their styling bring their market share up, and holding out great hope that their latest
designs at the major auto shows will help them out.
The Chevrolet Volt is being shown now, but it turns out it is a logo piece...not exactly like a concept car, it has no running gear, engine, battery pack, etc. The goal, according to GM boss who was interviewed, is to have a car a little smaller than a Malibu which you can plug in and quickly recharge, get good distance, will have perhaps a 1000 cc engine to recharge the batteries on the go. Price similar to a Malibu. BUT, they are nowhere near commercialization of the project due to the battery pack problems.
Again, 'design' and fashion are not among my biggest reasons for buying a new car anymore. Yes, I want an attractive car, but we old f**ts want long life, reliability, and no-hassle dealer warranty consideration... At least, this old f**t does.