Car finally seems good!

Well, I got my '01 GT back last week after they replaced the engine. Finally, the car seems like it should(knocking on wood). The transmission shifts fine, the engine doesn't make any noise, and it seems to even get better mileage. Despite all of the problems I have had with this car, I still love it. I am confident now that it will not give me any more problems, hopeful anyway. I threatened the dealership pretty seriously about giving the car back and they treated me like a king after that, so i'll just see how it goes for a little while. I'm still kind of babying it right now since its only got a few hundred miles on the new engine. If it breaks again I am going in looking for war. Anyway, I just thought I would keep those who are interested informed. My plans, as of now are to still keep the car and sell the truck. Probably once I hit 100,000 miles on the stang I will trade it in for a new truck. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Glad to hear it, Erik. Best of luck with it =). Definitely a score w/ a new motor.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

It should hold up just fine. These engines are pretty reliable. I think you just had a monday morning model made after the pistons lost again :-)

Rein