Transaxle fluid leak, '95 Park Ave

There is a leak from the transaxle of our 95 Park Ave. According to the shop I take it to the leak is from the front. It has gotten progressively worse
over the summer, so now the spot on the garage floor is now a puddle. When I first noticed the leak I checked the fluid level, following instructions in the Owners Manual. It was above the fill line. Now, about 3 months and 3000 miles later, it is down to the max fill line.
So, the question is could the leak be a result of the shop overfilling it? If so, will the leak stop now that it's done to the max fill line, or was the overfilling likely to have cause permanent damage?
TIA
Ed
I don't think this is the cause of the leak, unless it came out the vent,and stopped when it reached it's level. You would have to overfill it to the point the oil foamed, maybe 2 quarts or so to create a problem. If it still leaks, put dye in it, clean it up and pinpoint the leaks.

-
Shep,
Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Ed