Transmition Problems

When I get in the car and drive off, it changes gears as smooth as a baby's rear end. After about 15 minutes, the changing starts to cluck just a little. It's not a big noise but one that you notice.
If anyone has any ideas and suggestion I would appreciate them. If there is some place to look, could you also tell me where it is physically located? Looking under the hood for wiring or sensors on this car is no easy task.
Merci,
Sylvie

It would help greatly to know which car, what year, and possibly which engine you have. GM Front wheel drive cars have around 6 basic different types of trans-axles.
GM rear wheel drive cars have over 15 different types.
They all work slightly different, and have their own problems. Charles
Hi Charles,
I have a 1999 Grand Prix Gt, with a 3.8 L Engine.
Thanks
Sylvie

It would help greatly to know which car, what year, and possibly which engine you have. GM Front wheel drive cars have around 6 basic different types of trans-axles.
GM rear wheel drive cars have over 15 different types.
They all work slightly different, and have their own problems. Charles
Hi Charles,
I have a 1999 Grand Prix Gt, with a 3.8 L Engine.
Thanks
Sylvie

It would help greatly to know which car, what year, and possibly which engine you have. GM Front wheel drive cars have around 6 basic different types of trans-axles.
GM rear wheel drive cars have over 15 different types.
They all work slightly different, and have their own problems. Charles

That would be the TH440(E) or the TH4T60. (same basic design).
I normially do not advise people with out of warrantee cars to go to a dealer service department. In this case I will.
These are complex transmission. You don't want to know the horrior stories I have seen from when places like AMMCO or IT Transmissions has tried to build one. If it needs internal service, a dealers service department will have a Tech who is trained in how to properly service & rebuild them. Plus the work is backed up by a nationwide 30 day garentee. Trust me in 30 days you will know if they messed up.
Not to mention they do not use the cheep parts some transmission shops do. Charles