UAW-GM strike a deal

DETROIT - The United Auto Workers and General Motors Corp. agreed Wednesday to a tentative contract that puts the responsibility for retirees' health
care into the union's hands and ends a two-day strike, the first national strike against an automaker in 31 years.
I don't know the details but it sounds like a better deal for GM then the retirees.
Tim wrote:

The Devil is really in the details. That signing bonus (bribe) may/may not work.

cover part of the VEBA. Also, there will be a pension increase that will match the higher insurance costs we'll have to pay. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography