window trim

Get ready for a stupid question . . .
I have an '02 Impala LS. What should I do to take care of the black vertical window trim (window frame?) at the rear of the front doors and
the front of the rear doors. Just in case I'm not calling it the right name, I'm not referring to any felt, vinyl, or rubber weather-stripping, but rather the metal (or plastic, I don't know) part of the door that forms part of the frame for the window.
Do I wax it? Do I use some kind of protectorant? I want to minimize fading and UV damage.
On a Grand Am these metal trim items are called "door appliqu moldings." In my opinion you just need to wax them like the other painted surfaces on your vehicle. They are very vulnerable to scratches from the jewelry that the female of our species wears on her fingers. You could also ask your question on Autopia.com.

The window frames can be waxed if there is a smooth finish to them. The Park Avenue's have fine lines on the black window frames and get all kinds of wax residue stuck in the lines.
If its black it will generally fade as the car ages.
Good Luck,
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,133 miles_~_~_