`02 Civic Oil Filter

Anybody figure out a way to change the filter on an `02 Civic EX without letting it run down your arm? I found ramps made it significantly easier to
get at it, but I still have to work my arms up and around five different things to reach the filter, and just can't seem to pull it back down without getting some amount on my shirt/face/shoulder, etc.
TIA,
Daryl
--

Replace "nobody" with "d.m.k" to e-mail me

Add pictures here
âś–

Leave the car for an hour or two before pulling the filter. It helps if you can tilt the car so the open end of the filter is pointing downwards.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Unless you're set on using your ramps, I've started removing the front passenger tire after I drain the pan. With the tire off, you can easily reinstall the drain plug and have good access to the filter. It will still let some oil out but not up your sleeve and you have access to the drip path so you can clean it up easily. I used to let it drain overnight which used to be a drop-free trick but I'm finding that doesn't work for my Si like it did my 98 EX, it might just be a superior ADBV on my filters of choice though.
Add pictures here
âś–