02 primary sensor (honda civic 98)

Hi there!
I was wondering if I could get a better deal than from the dealership for this part... I was quoted 215$! I know that OEM for this part is essential
because the fuel consumption will be very noticeable if I don't.... anyone have tips?
Thanks,
Jason

I've had success with the Bosch generic replacement for O2 sensors. The downside is that you have to cut the connector from the old sensor and splice it to the new one. The replacements I've used come with the splices, and are available at major parts chain stores (BAP, NAPA). Look at yours and count the wires to ensure you get the right type.
Mike
Right now, I have the one, black and green wires on the o2 sensor. I have the Bosch and it's not helping my fuel consumption! So you are saying I should have kept the connector (grey) and the wires? I guess I will have to buy the OEM part now?
Jason

Jason wrote:

Maybe you should still ask yourself the question . . Why do I think I need a new 02 sensor (if it's not helping)? Who told you it was shot?
'Curly'
Jason wrote:

Is your mileage very high, and how do you know that you need an O2 sensor? Just wondering because it's often misdiagnosed (and expensive).
'Curly'
About the only difference between the OEM and generic sensor is the connector. You will get a check engine light long before you will notice a increase in fuel usage. If you are using too much fuel it will make the sensor look bad but the cause is not the sensor and it will burn out the converter. Proper diagnosis is needed, not parts guessing....