1991 Sagging to the left

I have a 91 civic i just replaced both struts in the the left side thinking that will fix it but it didnt i really dont know what to check can somebody tell me what else i can check out, i have 18" wheels on it and it's lowered also......i will apriciate it for any comments thanks..

Reply to
elnene80

Can you please clarify: Did you replace both the coil spring and shock absorber? Did you put in new ones? How much lower is the left side? What is the condition of the the lower control arm bushing? Inspect it under load and not under load. How confident are you that the left front lower ball joint is in good repair?

The other day I swapped the coil springs in the front for my

91 Civic. That reduced a difference of 3/4" to a difference of 1/4", with the left being lower. This was consistent with my springs' (fully removed and relaxed) heights: The left side had been lower by 1/4".

I expect old bushings explain the remaining 1/4" difference.

From my googling, the left side being lower is very common on c. 1990 Civics. It's not ideal.

I also discovered severely worn sway bar bushings and links (on the right) that I think contributed to a tire wear problem on the right front.

I have ordered (from "Team Honda" in Colorado) new springs and sway bar bushings and links. The bushings will have to wait until I have a bit more money and time.

"elnene80" wrote

Reply to
Elle

Ok i'll check on the bushings and then i'll reply back thanks man....

Reply to
elnene80