1993 Honda Civic Intermint cooling fan

My 1993 Civic is overheating while stopped. Cools fine when on the highway. I have replaced the radiator, thermostat, radiator fan motor, temperture sending unit. My question, is there another sensor tha
controls the radiator fan?
GOATMAN wrote:

yes, there's a thermoswitch on the back of the block. it's hard to get at from on top - best go from underneath near the oil filter.
next time, it's cheaper test the circuit before replacing stuff.
GOATMAN wrote:

Your owner's manual says you have to fill the reservoir to the MAX mark any time you've had the cooling system worked on. Do that, and then do it again a few days later. Your system may purge the air by itself but it can't purge anything if there's no coolant in the reservoir.
'Curly'

When the engine begins to overheat (gauge rises past normal), is the rad fan running? Next time it happens, quickly pop the hood and check.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ