1997 Civic...fix it or dump it.

Hola! I have 97 Civic EX w/ 88,000 miles..need a new clutch and manual transmission. I can get this done for about $1,500..should i do it??

mizage wrote:

telling you the transmission is dead? what are the symptoms? what's wrong with the clutch? does it slip or is it just not going into gear?
be VERY beware is the person telling you you need to spend so much money is also offering to buy it off you!
Honda trans are great; IF you need one check a junk yard first. The cost to do a clutch is about 500, so figure that plus the replacement transmission cost, should be under 1000.
--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
mizage wrote:

try car-part.com I'm sure you can find something cheap. even try ebay.com