2005 Accord hybrid gauge

The battery gauge for the electric motor batteries never goes above 4 horizontal stripes on our Accord dashboard. Sometimes it goes down to 3. Owner's manual shows it with as many as 6 horizontal stripes and also says
it can often read high. I was wondering what the gauge in other cars were reading. Thanks.

Dunno about the Honda IMA system, but I imagine it is not too different from the Toyota SHS in this regard: the reading should stay around midrange most of the time. After drawing a lot from the batteries (like long uphill runs) the reading will be low and after long downhills it will be high. That's just the way it works.
Mike