2006 civic AT

So having a background with pizza delivery (mostly in a 93 honda accord), I decided to let into my new Civic. Problem was, if I let into the gas, the
car would downshift into the lower gear, but after letting off the gas, would not go back to the original gear?
I know my accord tranny was solid as a rock (with 250k miles on it), and the tranny in this new civic just feels slippery, and then the not going back to the gear has me worried?
Any else?
paranoid wrote:

just keep driving it. it has "fuzzy logic" built into its computer-controlled shift patterns - eventually it'll learn your driving style and the two of you will live happily ever after.
I think what you are feeling is the lock-up torque converter. it is normal for it to un-lock when you let up on the throttle. Then it will lock-up again when you step back on the gas. Scott