horsepower chip, 2006 civic EX AT

can someone tell me how to install a horsepower chip for a 06 civic EX AT?

Reply to
noelbati617 via CarKB.com

"noelbati617 via CarKB.com" wrote in news:64f72b8312203@uwe:

Shouldn't the chip come with instructions,or have them posted on their website? Chip changes alone are a waste of money,anyways.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

so true.

Reply to
jim beam

read the chipping web sites *very* carefully - unless i'm missing something, none of the chipping mods i've looked at are set up for automatics. you could therefore be spending a bunch of cash and screwing up your car. going faster is a hardware solution, not software.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:kqedncg6Rfny4XvZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

This sounds like the old non-emissions carb days.

At one point I was going to swap my stock Aisin 2bbl carb in my '75 Corolla for a pair of Weber 36-DCDs. The project kinda stalled after I discovered that for any sort of real horsepower increase I would need to change the intake manifold, camshaft, exhaust manifold and downstream exhaust system to take advantage of the awesome power of those iconic Webers.

Well, instead of the RIGHT thing, I ended up doing what you would expect any slightly impoverished 19-year-old to do...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

jim beam wrote in news:t7GdnXhjOs52HXvZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

generally,changing the program without hardware mods screws up drivability;like when it gets cold outside.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

go buy beer instead?

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:9Zidne3hrb1iFHvZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Nah, I just installed the loud exhaust. :)

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Ahhhhhh... The prowess of youth!

Did exactly that on a '54 Mercury that had an engine with poor compression and a six volt system was just not enough to get it started in Winter. Had the family mechanic overhaul it (rings, bearings and valve job) and what a difference! Only thing is that that era of F*rds had a design flaw in the distributor where the ground wire sever. Damned thing failed twice on cold nights where I had to walk home...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

What? You did not go into the bathroom with a Playboy magazine ?

Reply to
dbltap

"TeGGeRï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï¿*ï

Was that still the old flat head? Thought they went OHV in 54 or 55.

Reply to
tww

1954 was the first year for the overhead valve V8. I ended up hating that car!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

"dbltap" wrote in news:T4MFg.5978$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net: