2006 Honda Civic Lx

My daughter recently bought a 2006 Honda Civic. When we went to Cabela on the other side of town, I noticed that the air condition was not very cool. It was cooling the backseat area at all, is this normal?
Thanks Terry
Terry Gamble wrote:

There's a method in the manual for cooling a Honda that's already been sitting in the sun. It saves a LOT of fuel to do it according to the owner's manual, because it does it quicker.
Check the coolant level in the radiator reservoir just in case. Consult the manual.
'Curly'

This can depend on some things not cited in the message. How hot was it outside? Had the car been sitting in the sun? One can really suffer from a "green house effect' with that large windshield area It can take a long time to cool a "Baked car," hence it can make a difference as to how far the "other side of town" was, i.e one could perhaps get to the Cabelas on the other side of Sidney, NE relatively fast compared to the Cabelas on the other side of Fort Worth In any case, Honda has apparently recognized that their can be a problem. One A/C setting is called MAX A/C. Was it used? I find it helped a great deal during the recent heat wave here in VA. But then, I was driving, not seated in the back seat
Roy Starrin wrote:

Roy, its actually the Cabela's on the other side of Phoenix, Az left from Tempe, Az. I appreciate the feedback from you and Curly Q.
Terry