86 honda and fusible link problem

This is an odd one. I have a 86 civic 1.5l that has sat for ~ 5 months I went to add a battery and start it and while hooking up the battery a 55amp
filliment fuse blew. I went and got more and tried:
-insert the fuse then connect neg on battery then pos on battery POOF! blows -insert the fuse then pos on pattery then connect neg on battery POOF! blows -insert the fuse disconnect the frame ground at the alternator then pos on pattery then connect neg on battery POOF! blows
what is the procedure to attaching the battery? do I have a bad ground?
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 00:41:30 -0700

You would seem to have a short...
--
Joe

Joe LaVigne wrote:

It's easy to fix a short circuit... just make it longer!
But yeah, it's nothing to do with the connection order - my guess is the main wire off fusible link is shorted to ground somewhere.
That sucks, I am now in the process of checking the harness