93 Accord battery light question

my battery light went on briefly and off while driving. a/c was not on, fan was not on, only running light on. no other signs of problems.

this have been happenning a few times over the last year.

anyone can give me an idea as what to look for ? thanks

Reply to
J Oat

Lotsa miles? May be time for brushes in the alternator. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

The battery icon on this warning light misleads. It's actually a warning light for the alternator/charging system. Like Bob said, the first suspect is the alternator brushes. Has this car ever had the brushes or the whole alternator replaced?

More info appears at

. Skip down to the five quick checks (one-third of the way down) you can do to help narrow down the problem.

"J Oat" wrote

Reply to
Elle