95 honda civic overheating - help anyone??

Hi, I have a 95 honda civic. I had my temp spike up suddenly once in a while... 2 months later my radiator broke down. I had the radiator changed. car drove ok for a week or
so then started spiking up on heat.... going to max. The only way i could control it is by turning on the interior heater to max. as i turn heater to max the temp begins to climb back. Then i changed the thermostat (drained fluid). It ran a little better..... less spikes. But now it's almost predictable.
if i drive on highway wihtout turning on my interior heater the heat will climb to max. again i have to turn on heater to max to cool it down to normal (half way).
I really need help to suggest me what could this be?? The fan is working when i short the wire going to temperature switch. Also if the temp goes up 3/4th i do see the fan running.
anyone with ideas?? I am dreaded that i may need to run heater during summer.
help me pls.
shamNOSPAMsdewan AT hotmail DOT com
You probably have an air bubble in your system. It could be in your heater core, and those bubbles take a while to dissipate, if ever.
Try running the engine stationary at a couple of K RRM with the radiator cap off. Watch the temperture, because you don't want overheating. When you see the coolant level drop, add more coolant. Eventually you will hear a distinct burb, signalling that th air bubble came out.
Hope that's it Remco
Latitude Wizard wrote:

sounds like you have a coolant leak. check all your hoses and if necessary, the water pump "weep" hole. my crx was losing coolant because the water pump seals had gone.

week or

could
heater to

(drained
will
working
goes up

I have to agree, you never mentioned replacing the water pump. If you have at least 100k miles it's time to replace the water pump.