'97 accord ac leaks

I've fixed a few ac systems but this one is a bit more trouble.
Condensor to receiver pipe had a corrosion hole at the clamp, bought a new replacement from Honda. Recharged, high side valve didn't shut when I took
the hoses off. Replaced with a new valve core from a standard repair kit, recharged, sniffer indicates leak at high side valve. Looks like gas is not leaking through the core but around it. Do I need special honda valve cores, or different o-rings?
Also seemed to be some leaking at the receiver end of the new pipe, which was supplied with new o-rings.
Are these common problems? Any help appreciated.
You may have a defective (new) core and are you sure the cores are identical. I think most valve cores leak a little, how bad is your's leaking?

system to be run to oil the seals?
Mike
The 1997 Accords had issues with their condensors. I believe there is a recall for this check with your local dealer as they can cover for free.
ib wrote:

(fingers crossed), the charging valves were leaking just a little, I replaced them with valves from a car at the breakers, the system was still pressurised (aren't they meant to empty them?) so I knew they were good. The leak was quicker than could have been due to the valves alone, and I found another leak (after replacing the pipe and running it for a couple of days) in, you guessed it, the condensor, probably opened up after regassing after being unpressurised for a while. I got the condensor out of the same car, and it looks good.
Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere now by taking the old condensor back to Honda!
.