98 accord front rotor removal?

I'm looking to replace front rotors and pads. Someone mentioned in another post about trouble removing the screws that hold the rotor in place. It this the setup on the 98 Accord Coupe V6???
I've never run across rotors that are screwed to the hub...( never owned a Honda )
I'm on the fence about doing this job myself or paying to have it done...
Is rotor removal going to be a battle on this car???
TIA
Steve
comcastss news groups wrote:

no. it's two screws for the disk and two bolts for the caliper. can't get much easier.

That's encouraging!
Steve
use an impact screwdriver, the prescribed tool from honda. You hit the end of it with a hammer, and it presses into the head of the screw while turning it out. Works great for lots of different applications. Got mine for $10 at a surplus hardware store...
Some accords rotors are pressed on though. This I would take to the shop. I have seen the shop use a special tool that machines the rotors while they are still on the car, so they must think removal is a pain in the ass too...
comcastss news groups wrote:

Is there a way to tell if they are press fit?
Steve

No screws?? just a wild guess.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Look at your diagrams at www.slhondaparts.com
You'll see if the two screws are there. If so, buy an impact driver and have at her.
'Curly'

For example, if yours is an EX 4 dr, it is probably this: http://tinyurl.com/ykngz2 That is what you want (the screws are part #28)
My daughter's '93 Accord LX 4 cylinder is shown in http://tinyurl.com/yaz42d Notice the disc is flat and is *behind* the hub. Changing it is a big hairy deal - I've done each side of hers once. The disc is held by the 12-point bolts (part # 23).
BTW, if my memory hasn't faded too much the screw heads are #3 Phillips; a #2 Phillips head will just strip them out. A test fit before taking a whack will save you minor grief.
Mike
loewent via CarKB.com wrote:

only the old ones. this is a 98.

yeah, but these rotors don't "warp"*. honda was not entirely stupid with this configuration, albeit a pita to service /if/ the disk needs to be replaced.
* warping is a wheel/lug nut torque issue. if the disk is behind the hub, the way the wheel sits can be messed up but it won't affect the way the disk sits, unlike with the current system.