98 Civic control unit removal

I need someone to tell me how to remove thearmrest/control unit on a 98 Civic EX so I can check the window setup. None of my power windows in my car work and I need to get into the door to see if it's a
connection or something else.
However, neither I nor my dad can figure out how to get the driver door armrest/control unit off. We know there are four pins or clips along the bottom which need to come off but can't find a way to get them to release.
We can get everything else about the panel to come off, just not the control unit. Can someone describe what is probably an obvious solution to this problem or point me to a site which has pictures?
KAS
part of the door handle pulls off, and there are several screws underneath.

Um, thanks but the part I need to figure out is how to get that part of the door handle to come off. It looks like the bottom part of the door handle snaps into place but I can't be sure. What I need to know is how to get the bottom part of the handle off.
We both know that once we can get the handle off we'll find the screws that are holding the panel to the frame but it's getting the handle off that's holding us back.

www.slhondaparts.com
'Curly'