Accord 99, tires

Hi,

I have Accord 99, 4 cyl, manual, in Toronto Canada, mostly Highways The info for tires on the door shows, 195/65/15 H

I Must change it my tires, very soon. What are the recomended tires, Just browsed on the net,

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus Bridgestone Turanza LS-H Bridgestone Potenza RE950 BFGoodrich Traction T/A H

maybe others

I' am not a professional driver, but still want good tires, believe rated H All season good handling semi concern for tread wear, noise

Thanks in advance for some hints, etc. RC

Reply to
RC

I've had experience with the Potenzas - miserable treadwear (20K miles is optimistic) and they pick up nails and screws like magnets.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

i say go for a tire that uses a silica rubber compound. michelin & continental for sure [unless they're the ultra-cheap ones]. some other manufacturers recently. silica compounds offer better wet grip and lower rolling resistance, which of course means safety and better gas mileage. if your tire retailer doesn't know what they are, they're /not/ silica compounds.

Reply to
jim beam

i have been using Goodyear assurance tripletred on my 99 accord and have been very pleased with them. from what i understand, the assurance comforttred isn't as good a tire as the assurance tripletred.

I have Accord 99, 4 cyl, manual, in Toronto Canada, mostly Highways The info for tires on the door shows, 195/65/15 H

I Must change it my tires, very soon. What are the recomended tires, Just browsed on the net,

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus Bridgestone Turanza LS-H Bridgestone Potenza RE950 BFGoodrich Traction T/A H

maybe others

I' am not a professional driver, but still want good tires, believe rated H All season good handling semi concern for tread wear, noise

Thanks in advance for some hints, etc. RC

Reply to
stevie

Here's another vote for the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred as installed on our '97 Odyssey (also note that it was the top rated tire in Consumer Reports' recent tire review article.) Here in Souhern California, we have had no firsthand snow experience with them yet, but have been very happy in all other respects.

Reply to
ol_paul

RC ... I live in Massachusetts. I bought Nokian tires for my '99 accord last fall as an all-weather tire that would be especially good in snowy weather. I have liked them so far. The only advice I would give on the above list is that the MXV4's are very expensive and proably not worth it.

-- BeeL

Reply to
Beel

: > I Must change it my tires, very soon. : > What are the recomended tires, : > Just browsed on the net, : >

: > Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S : > Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus : > Bridgestone Turanza LS-H : > Bridgestone Potenza RE950 : > BFGoodrich Traction T/A H : >

: > ... : : RC ... I live in Massachusetts. I bought Nokian tires for my '99 accord : last fall as an all-weather tire that would be especially good in snowy : weather. I have liked them so far. The only advice I would give on the : above list is that the MXV4's are very expensive and proably not worth it. : : -- BeeL

I liked the Michelins that came on my 2000 SE, but didn't really want to pay for a new set. I tried two different sets of Falken Ziex ZE-512s and couldn't get either of them balanced well enough that the car didn't shimmy at freeway speeds. I ended up with the Yokohama Avid H4s and have been very happy with them so far.

I replaced the OEM Michelins on my '01 Odyssey EX with B.F. Goodrich Traction T/As (98T) and have been happy with them as well.

Paul

Reply to
Paul