Fuel gauge erratic 99 Accord

My 99 Accord fuel gauge readings went erract, I heard this is known problem with Honda. Does anyone know what is the fix ? Does Honda extended the warrenty on this ? Thanks

Reply to
lcmon

I'm trying to get the outboard bearing race out of the fron hub on my '68 Newport. There is only a sliver of the race showing and after about three hours I haven't managed to move it even a millimeter.

How do you get races out if the manuf. did not leave a slot? Could a machine shop do this?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

A punch with a nice sharp square edge on it on that "sliver." Alternate hammer blows side to side.

I suspect they could.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Grind into it with a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool. You don't have to grind all the way through it, just enough to weaken it so it breaks when you whack it with a chisel.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Know someone with a welder? Run a bead of weld around inside of the race, on cooling it will fall out.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

I agree with Neil. This is the only method I have ever used. It works.

Reply to
HLS

Thanx for the help everyone. There wasn't enough lip to get anything to catch so I used the Dremel tool suggestion and cut the race. I was able to easily remove it once I did this.

Now all I need to do is find some new lugs and she's all ready to go back together again. Thanx again for all the suggestions.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.