Automatic Transmission Dip Stick 2006 CR-V

My wife just purchased a 2006 CR-V. I was looking at where to check the fluids and had trouble finding the Automatic Transmission Dip Stick. With the help of the manual, it still took a while. Everything else seems well
designed, but why couldn't they have made the handle for the dip stick 6 inches longer? It is behind the battery under an attached cable. If the engine is warm, as it should be to check it, I'm sure of burning my hand while squeezing thru that tight space. All they had to do was make the handle part 6 inches longer and it would have been reasonable to reach. Was the 2005 just as bad? Has anyone cone up with a simple mod?
Yeah, Honda is notorious for using short-handled AT dipsticks. Welcome to the club :)
It isn't too bad on my '98 CRV since that area is relatively clear. However, it's a nightmare on our old trusty '88 Accord since it's buried beneath hoses and wires...NOT a good design when the engine has warmed up.