'03 Accord bumper cover

I've got a cracked bumper cover on my accord, parking lot damage. Dealer wants mega-bucks to repair.

Anyone have any experience with an aftermarket skin like:

Fit? Quality? Other options?

I'm thinking of taking the cover to a shop, having them spray it and installing it myself.

Let me know if you think I'm crazy, or if it's a good idea.

Thanks!

jjd

Reply to
Josh D

If there is a COlor on Parade franchise near you check with them. I've never used them but they claim to fix damaged bumpers but it has to be soon after the damage occurs.

Art

"Josh D" wrote in news:%jjLf.12530$KZ1.3000@trndny09:

A crapshoot. You'll more than likely have to fiddle with it before it fits like an OEM one, if it ever does...

Plastic may not be as forgiving as OEM to parking-lot thumps. It may crack more readily and sag more with time.

Used OEM skin off car at wreckers.

That will work just fine. They're supposed to spray them off the car anyway.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

My son had damage to his Accord. Not his fault. The other party's insurance paid, and they put an aftermarket bumper on. It was horrible. We would not accept the car. They in turn got an OEM bumper and we were satisfied. I would never take one of these aftermarket pieces of crap.

My 2 cents.

G-Man

G-Man