2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi- metallic, or ?

Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?

Reply to
Zorro_2k

buy oem. buy online oem if you don't like your local dealer price. oem honda pads are very fade resistant, about the same price as aftermarket, come with all the shims you need, and a little sachet of anti-squeal. and they don't wreck your disk or create too much brake dust.

if you absolutely /have/ to go aftermarket, akebono ceramics are good.

Reply to
jim beam

I have heard that Honda uses relatively soft pads and rotors to keep noise down and that you shouldn't use ceramic pads.

Reply to
nobody

where did you "hear" this from??? clearly not from anyone who actually knows what they're talking about or you wouldn't be wrong on both counts.

Reply to
jim beam