Ball Joint Tools

Page 2 of 2

give way even with an air hammer on one side and a 4-lb hammer head on the other side to buck it. It makes sense to me, but I can't seem to make it work.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

The idea is to use "sharp" blows, not massive power. I've had about a 95% success rate...
JT

That's why I thought the air hammer would do the trick. I would need a massive brass transplant to get me to swing a regular hammer under the car the way it would take to upset a ball joint.
Mike
Just did 2 on a rusty Subaru today Time spent total 2 minutes; and that included putting down the prepare in my hand. I admit; I was a pickle fork user until 1.5 years ago. I kept watching another tech pull joints apart after one or two blows from a hammer. I got my biggest hammer and gave it a try. My pickle fork has been out of the box 1 time this year.
--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician