Battery Light + Brake and Door Lights coming on

I have a 1999 Honda Accord. Last week the battery light along with the brake light and door lights all came on while driving. After driving a few miles I lost power completly. I had the car towed and
the mechanic ended up replacing the alternator. Now this week while driving the battery light, brake light and door lights are again coming on. This time they come on when I take my foot off the gas. They go off when I give it gas. But then come back on again when I take it off. Before I take it back to the mechanic can you give me some idea on what is causing this? Is it the battery? A faulty alternator? Bad wire? Thanks.

This is a wild guess, easy to check and easy to fix. It is possible that as the engine twists back and forth in its mounts, the plug into the alternator is losing its connection. Check the plug. Make sure it is fully seated and "clicks" into place. I had a similar problem on an older Honda and checking the plug fixed the problem. There are a couple of tabs that hold the plug in the socket.
Other possibilities: slipping belt (you would hear the squeal) or bad alternator (unlikely).
Hope this helps
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
iuden wrote:

================================== I suspect you've spent a bunch of money for no reason. Without knowing your mileage it's hard to guess, but it's more likely something like your (recalled) ignition switch or a loose ground wire on the BATTERY.
'Curly'