Broken Speedometer

Hi,
I've got a 2004 Civic LX Sedan Manual. Yesterday, the speedometer stopped working. It's just pinned at zero, regardless of how fast I am going. All of the other gauges work.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Steve

Is your Check Engine light on?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
When my Accord's speedometer broke I spent a few hundred dollars on a nice GPS which gave me more accurate speed level than the speedomoter. It was cheaper than fixing the speedometer. It also kept me from being lost:-) Just an option...

Allnews wrote:

did it plug into the ecu and replicate the speed sensor signals? because if it didn't, while it may be an interesting toy, it's not going to do a thing for the ability of the vehicle to run properly.

No, the check engine light is not on.

If the automatic transmission is shifting properly, the Check Engine light is NOT on, then the speedo in your '04 Accord is probably toast.
Are you still under warranty?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Hmmm. It looks like it just started working again! Thanks for all of your suggestions.

My 2004 civic speedometer "broke" twice the first year. It got stuck at high off number, once 32 and another time 64, so when I was going 50 it said 92. It eventually reset itself.