Civic SRS light

The SRS (Supplemental Restraint System, i.e. airbags) light came on again in my 2002 Civic. This is the third time I've had this problem, and it isn't
cheap to fix. There are quite a few complaints already at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq /. If you've had this problem, but haven't registered a complaint with NHTSA, you can do it online.
There are apparently a lot of problems with Civic airbags, including many accidents where the front bags don't deploy at all.NHTSA hasn't opened an investigation yet, probably because they don't have enough consumer complaints. Honda has several Service Bulletins out, but no recalls. Yet.
Harry

My 2003 Civic SRS light came on about a month after I got the car. A computer module was replaced under warranty.
Where's the Ford deal? If you have a Ford part replaced at the dealer, the new one has a lifetime warranty...
Honda seatbelts have an unlimited warranty. An SRS computer that is known to be troublesome should have a no cost Service Bulletin associated with it.
--
---