SRS light

The SRS light just came on in my 2002 Accord V6 while I was driving. Is it dealer time, or might it go off by itself?

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce.

No, it will not go off.

I will bet you $100 that the code tells you the seatbelt latch is bad. Mine was bad, my car-pool person's was bad, and I searched and found a ton of others.

You cannot reset this with an OBD II Scan tool. There is a way to remove a plug under the dash, and short two pins in a sequence and reset it, but don't go through the trouble. Take it to the dealer and the fix is FREE. You heard me right, FREE!

My dealer told me it wasn't free, and I took it to an independant I trust and replaced it, and paid. I found out later that Honda is fixing them for free, and I called Honda and got my money back, and my car-pool buddies money back 8 months after the fact.

Any seatbelt related issues are warranted indefinitally.

Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise!

Good Luck! Let me know the results!

Reply to
G-Man

That is very interesting. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I just went to the grocery store. When I arrived and went to unbuckle my seat belt, it came loose too easily, as if not latched properly. I tried it again and it seemed to latch just fine so I didn't give it another thought. I assumed I just didn't click it properly when leaving home.

On the way back home I noticed the light on.

Could my simple not completely latching it have set off the light?

Will do. I'll make an appointment tomorrow for a dealer visit.

Thanks very much for your help!

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce.

They fixed my 2000 for free. The diagostic is covered by Honda and the belt by waranty.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

You were right. They diagnosed it as a driver's side seatbelt latch. They had it in stock and replaced it at no change to me.

Thanks for the help! Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce.