Clutch on 2004 Honda Hybrid out at 30K! Who pays?

I own a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Standard Transmission with 30,000 miles on it. The clutch has broken and needs to be replaced. Should this have happened so soon? I am an experienced stick-shift driver and I never worn out a clutch. Honda says it is not covered and need $1000 to fix it. Is it my fault? Should I pay the money? Is Honda responsible for fixing it under warranty? I value your input. Thanks, JS.

Reply to
solow1

solow1 wrote in news:944825_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Did it get "broken", or did it wear out?

If "broken", how did it break? Specifically what broke?

Reply to
Tegger