cruise control prob

I have a 99 honda accord EX, manual drive, well sometimes my cruise control doesnt work, it will not come on or engage at all, but heres the wierd part
it only happens maybe 3 out of 10 times. Still a problem, what could be failing, i took the swtich apart and played with it but still have the same prob.
Shawn Taylor wrote:

Possible vehicle speed sensor failing. If the speedometer is electronic it would be erratic at the same time. Should return an error code, so have the codes read.
OK, this might seem silly but I had a similar problem with my 5 speed Civic EX. Once I made sure my feet were not near the clutch and/or brake pedal, no more problem. The cruise works like a charm, knock on wood. Good luck.
i though about that one man, but no i made sure im not doin that.

Civic
Sometimes the brake/clutch cancel switches are adjusted a little too close and will prevent the cruise control from coming on. Easy to check - when you do get the cruise control working see that you can brush either pedal with your foot without kicking the cruise off.
Mike
yeah they cut off even if i brush it.heres another thing, if i press it like 50 times it will eventually come on.

you
doesnt return a code

control
part