HONDA 1990 ACCORD EX

Hello, I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX that six months ago gave me a
hard time starting. Turnes over great put wont start. If I try it a
few time then it would start and run just fine. This week the problem
has come back.
I let it sit at work for the day hot weather wont start right away but
after a few tries it starts and again runs great.
Have changed fuel filter, plugs
Any Ideas??
Thanks
Reply to
Chop
Like dgk suggested, the main relay is a strong candidate for replacement or possibly repair. See
"Chop" wrote
Reply to
Elle
===========================
That's the main relay. Until you get around to fixing it, you can turn the key to position II and smack the dash with your left fist. You'll hear the fuel pump run for two seconds and the car will now start.
'Curly'
Reply to
motsco_
hot weather + no-start = main relay.
don't waste your money changing the fuel filter on a honda. i've yet to see a single one that actually needed it.
Reply to
jim beam
It is either the main relay or the coil going bad, most likley the main relay. Next time it want start, open the drivers door an hit the dash on the side. If it is the main realy it will most likey unstick and start. You should repalce it asap.
Reply to
David

Site Timeline Threads