CRV 2001 exhaust rattle

Its not a loose heat shield. Coming from underneath the middle of the car or rear. Loud buzz at 2300rpm. Any savy mechanics seen this one? Thanks

Reply to
rikattic

How many miles on the CR-V?

Maybe there is something loose in the muffler itself, I have 2- 01 CR-V's never heard anything like you described.Will the noise appear if you raise the rpm with out moving the car to 2300rpm? If it would it would be easier to isolate where the noise is coming from.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Not the heat shield over the cat? That thing has mounts that tend to rot out, from what I've seen.

Not sure on a 2001 civic, but our integra had a bad pipe going to the cat (I seem to remember it is called the J pipe, but I could be confusing this car with my old 75 FI bug now :) This pipe is a pipe within another pipe and the welds tend to break internally, causing rattle at very distinct speeds.

Remco

Reply to
Remco