Damage from Scratching Bottom

What sorts of damages can be caused by scratching bottom ? like when you come down a hill/dip Can it fxck up the exhaust connections, catalyst converter ?

It can loosen up exhaust parts. It can also amount to just some scraping.
If you hear serious noises down there while driving over something with little clearance, I'd stop and inspect.
A bit of scraping is probably nothing.

As long as you are only scraping the front end you should be fine. That's why manufacturers put skid plates under the motor. Did you scrape anything else besides the front?
http://www.carforums.net/ Auto Forums
    I got up on the center divider at the Breezwood PA Turnpike entrance ramp in the rain one evening long ago. The oil pan got a small dent in it that turned into a crack. After trying to patch it many times over the next year, I finely just replaced the pan. bob

might have munged up anything that hangs low, or missed everything but the oil pan. A close look should reveal anything you might have done.
Jon
Hmmm.... You guys do not know what "bottom damage" is, until you have lived and driven in Salt Lake City, where most of the streets have these "open sewer" style gutters on the side of the roads. They are just terrible. I had to enter the streets almost sideways in order to NOT get a scraping sound. Maybe that was the main reason for seeing so many "always dirty looking" trucks there. (snicker, snicker)
"Zeppo @hotmail.com>" <zeppo_m<nospam> wrote in message

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:31 GMT, "Eye Indo"

I dunno, rural georgia's pretty bad hell, wife usually smacks the bottom of our civic every time she drives it in/out of our little parking lot. It also bottoms out badly if you turn into hardies or McD's here. I stick it up every 2-3 months, and despite nearly 3 years of this 'damage' nothings gotten broken yet, severealy scuffed, yes

I'm glad all you got in here before I made a fool of myself. I was going to recommend keeping fingernails trimmed short.
Mike