Engine Bay Cleaning

I want to clean the engine bay of my 2005 Civic. I purchased Autoglym Engine & Machine Cleaner but was concerned when I read the instructions it said to hose with plenty of water to rinse off. My
main concerns were water ingress into air vents and electrical components. Can someone please advise which areas I need to cover with cling film. I've attached a photo of my engine bay. Maybe someone could be kind enough to mark the regions with red circles in Photoshop.
Many thanks for your help!
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6691/12102009024.jpg
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:35:22 -0700 (PDT), Distorted Vision

I would just leave it alone if it were me.
I went ahead and did it. I covered all the water sensitive components with cling film and aluminium foil. I sprayed the entire engine bay with Autoglym Engine & Machine Cleaner and wiped over with several wrung out damp cloths and a bucket of hot water. I then sprayed the bay again with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl care. It started perfectly the first time as normal.
Here are the results:
http://img129.imageshack.us/gal.php?g 102009024.jpg
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:50:57 -0700 (PDT), Distorted Vision

Amazing transformation.

Now if only you could figure out a way to ride around with the hood up to show off your work...

Good one.

Easy -- commission an aftermarket clear plastic hood. Heck, there may be something like that already.

Nice!

Whoa! Can you still start up and run that beautiful engine?
Yes of course - it started perfectly as normal the first time. I covered all water sensitive & electrical components with cling film and aluminium foil. I wiped over all the surfaces with a damp cloth rather than hosing to rinse.

Good for you, but I never heard of cling film before. Where do you get it? How much time did the whole job take for you?
Cameo wrote:

Saran Wrap

Oh!?
Not as long as I thought - about 1.5 hours.

Amazingly fast! Maybe I should hire you out to do the same on my Accord.