Steam clean diesel engine bay...bad idea??

I have a manky & dusty bay I want to clean out. On a previous petrol engined car I ended up knackering the coil when I got that steam cleaned a few years ago.

Please advise whether its 'sensible' to get it cleaned and should the engine be running or stationary ?

Tox O'Grady

I have done several diesels like this, but none with modern electronic controls etc. I usually do it along with the underside of the vehicle just before it's test.

But definitely with the engine stopped. You don't want it to be ingesting water. For the same reason you should avoid blasting the water up the air intake.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Make sure you block those open hoses up well, where you have removed the intercooler!

Reply to
SimonJ