Help a Girl out? Where to hook up a actron tachmeter

Hi all, I just bought a actron Dwell/Tach/Voltmeter for my 99 civic to do tune ups. Since it doesnt have a tach, I need to adjust the idle. The directions say to hook the green clip to the Tach or negative
igintion coil terminal. I thought the coil was inside the distributor..so how the heck can you hook it up? The freakin Chilton manual, in the check idle section, says to connect a Tachmeter...but doesnt say where either. How do you guys do it if you dont have a stock tach? Thanks
Dasiy wrote:

According to the service manual, there is a connector for a tachometer under the hood. The connector is at the left rear of the engine compartment, behind the strut tower. The wire leading to this connector is blue.
The process for adjusting idle can be somewhat involved on newer cars, and it varies according engine and model year for the '96 - '00 generation Civic. Does the Chilton manual mention anything about different procedures?
are you really a girl,or are you pretending to be one to get a better response?You are using pretty big words for a girl,at least with respect to a car. If you are a girl,I am impressed.Keep up the good work!

5.html
I don't know about the Civic but all OBDII cars I have seen adjust the idle by the computer. There may be a minimum idle setting but it is usually sealed. The tack references you are looking at are referring to the old point system. The Chilton manuals aren't usually very informative. You would be better off with the Helm OEM manual. Before any manual will be of much use to you knowledge of the system and how it works is necessary.....

http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-Help-Girl-hook-actron-tachmeter-ftopict112305.html