Honda Accord '00 maintenance schedule

Hi All,

I had a quick question regarding the maintenance schedule for my car. It has 67K miles on it. I last got the 60K miles maintenance done a year and half ago. I have getting the oil and filter change done regularly every 3-4K miles. Do I need to get a 90K/6 year maintenance done ? The owners manual recommends it.

Also since i did not get 75K/5years maintenance done. Do i need to add replacement of the engine coolant done too.

thanks Amit

Reply to
amit.agarwal

All depends how long you planning on keeping it. You are coming up on the 7 year one(replaced timing belt and such) should have a flush on the coolant, brakes and transmission, at least. That one probably has the questionable transmission.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Hondas of that vintage generally have 30K service intervals for the engine, alternating minor/major. 60K was a major, 90K would be a minor service.

In addition, things like brake fluid go on a 3 year timed schedule rather than miles, and when does your manual tell you to change the timing belt? It might be 90K, or it might be 105K. Either way, when you do that, you'll get fresh coolant--and if you're smart, you'll have them attend to other things in that area like water pump, drive belts, and so on.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If he also does the water pump, the timing belt service will take care of the complete coolant drain and fill.

As for "flushing" anything, don't. Drain and replace, yes.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The manual says the timing belt needs to be changed at 105K / 7 years.

What ma> >

Reply to
amit.agarwal

You should NOT have a flush done on the tranny in your Honda.

Have each of those systems drained and refilled. The Tranny should be drained a filled a few times.

Joe

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

All maintenance needs to be done on a first-come basis. You are approaching 7 years, so the Timing belt should be done, regardless of mileage.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne