Ignition beeper won,t quit!

Turned off car today - beeper stayed on( and ON ...ON!) disconnected battery. any reset or anything I can do besides finding the beeper(behind fuses -lower left driver side?) any help would be
appreciated! :?:
--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com
interface

are we supposed to guess what kind of car you have?
In this NG,it's proper to cite the year,make,model,and mileage so others will have a starting idea of what condition your car is in.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
scoot wrote:

Wouldn't it be helpful to know what kind of 'car', and what side the steering wheel is on ? ? ?
Spray all five locks with LockEase and see if it loosens them up like new. The switch that tells the computer about the key's presence might come free too.
'Curly'
I have a Honda 2000 EX and I have the same problem. It wont let me use the power lock unless Im in the car with the Key in the ignition. I took it to shop, they said they could hook it up to the computer for $85 and see whats wrong. Thats too much. I think I will try what you guys have suggested. Thanks
"scoot" wrote: > Turned off car today - beeper stayed on( and ON ...ON!) > disconnected battery. any reset or anything I can do besides > finding the beeper(behind fuses -lower left driver side?) any > help would be appreciated! :?: