Keyless breaking and entering

There was a news article this week about thieves with a magic device that opens up keyless entry systems. Any word if that includes Honda? I recall a TV detective show or two that discussed such things as
well.
But most of all, a couple of times now in the few months I've had my Accord with this, I've come back to the car and found the door unlocked. I try pretty hard to make sure it's locked before I walk away, and don't recall having that problem with the key and remote system anytime in the past six years.
Just wondering what the odds are of bogus unlockings of one sort or another, with current technologies.
J.
On 4/13/2013 3:40 PM, JRStern wrote:

I am guessing that it would include any car with keyless entry. I think that all keyless entry systems are based on KeeLoq and that can be hacked.
Rick

What about accidental unlockings rather than hacking?
J.

On 4/14/2013 7:52 PM, JRStern wrote:

It looked to me that all the break ins occurred through the on board computer port at least in the BMW's I do know that if a third party alarm is installed it can not be hacked. If one leaves the vehicle un-locked it guess it would be a problem.
R.

I'm at least a little worried that where I keep the key indoors is close enough to the car, parked in an accessible front space, that anyone walking up to it and grabbing the handle, might get in. I ran some tests and this did not seem to be the case.
FWIW that's about three floors up and 100 feet away from the car, with walls and pipes and furniture and stuff between.
Not to mention false positives from other fobs and innocent devices.
J.